Monday, February 9, 2009

About This Site

From October 10th, 2008 to February 9th, 2009 I drew a new picture of Nintendo's mascot character Mario every day. Some were straight homages to the game series, many were humorous, others were juxtapositions of the character into entirely new art styles.

The project was first and foremost a personal creative challenge to boost my creative output and improve my drawing skills, but I like to think I made it entertaining to follow along with, also. I suppose you can be the final judge of that.

The "128" derives from the infamous Super Mario 128, a promised sequel to Super Mario 64 that was hyped by Nintendo for years but which never materialized. I suppose "64 Marios" would have been more obvious, but 128 seemed like the right length for the project.

No comments: